BMW R 261956 - ...
Category: Motorcycles - oldtimers
In 1956 BMW introduced a completely revamped thumper, the R26 (engine numbers 340 001 – 370 236), with improvements paralleling those introduced at the same time in the boxer twins. The R26 came with an enclosed drive shaft, rear swingarm, and front Earles forks. A new headlight nacelle came with a sliding black plastic over the ignition key, and the “bell-bottom” front fender was dropped along with the mechanics' hand shifter. The engine of the R26 was bolted directly to the frame, and produced 15 hp (11 kW).
|1959 BMW R 26|
|1280 x 960 ... 216 KB|